Well, it's official. As of 1:17pm on Friday July 1st Zach and I became homeowners!!
I had a GIGANTIC post written about our entire experience and then I lost the internet connection. That's what I get for "borrowing" the internet from someone around me. HA! Well we have our internet set up so here I go again. This will be a readers digest version. :)
We were supposed to close on our house on the 28th, well there were MANY hiccups as expected. We were scheduled to move out of our apartment on the 30th and I pretty much thought that something would happen so I booked a hotel for two nights. :) The Sheraton Marina is AMAZING! If you ever come down to SD definitely stay there. Every room had an incredible view and it was reasonable on cost. Anywho, as we were packing up our apt. we still had no keys and were "assured" that we would have them by the end of day. HA! Not so much. We were scheduled to get our HHG shippment (our house hold goods) on the 1st and we didn't have possesion of the house yet! Zach and I were kind of sick of waiting for all of the bank nonsense that was going on since our loan had funded already and all we were waiting on was a signature from the sellers lender and the deed to be recorded in our name. So, as per my Dad's advise and amazing advise at that, we called our real estate agent and told her to call the sellers agent with an ultimatum. Our ultimatum was "give us full access to the house or we walk". Imagine our surprise when they said YES! ha! These people were so irritating. They wouldn't let us in the house while we were in escrow even if we were with our agent. It was ridiculous. It all worked out and we started moving into a house that we still didn't technically own yet! ha!
Once we all got in to the house (Mom, Dad, Zach and myself) we realized just how dirty this place was/is. They must have NEVER cleaned this home the entire seven years of its exsitence. It was awful. We had two house cleaners come in and help us get it livable. The carpet is ripped up and paint is in progress. We got so much done thanks to my parents. Mom and Dad you are amazing and we couldn't have done it all without you!!! THANK YOU!!!
Well a baby is screaming at me so I must continue later.
Bless your heart! Mom and Dad love you all so much! It's our job to be there for you guys... and we are living up to that. It's been so much fun being there with you, working, working and working! :) I've made sure to have my baby time and life is soooo good!
ReplyDelete