Our crazy little family always has something new to share. Mommy has her crafts, Daddy has his schooling, Hunter, well Hunter has A LOT going on all the time and Gwennyth is our sweet baby sleeping all the time. This year has been packed full of excitement and a lot of blessings. Keep checking to see what new things we have been up to!
Tuesday, June 12, 2012
Yowza
Well two weeks later isn't exactly what I had planned...that's life! Trying to sort through all that is in my head and going on around me has been difficult at times. I was telling Zach last night that I feel like I'm drowning in a puddle, that I just can't get my face free of the water. I'm sure I'm overreacting. I can't seem to keep my house beautiful (like I should ever expect that! ha!!!), laundry is a constant battle and dishes...oh dishes...OH! and the dirty P word, POTTY TRAINING. Uggggggggggh. I'm so done with potty training. Shoot, I didn't even potty train Missy. I have her to Zach for the week while I went to be a counselor at a camp! hahahaha! Well potty training Hunter has been a fierce battle of wits. He "likes having my diaper changed." Which makes things extremely difficult for him actually telling me when he has to go. Sigh.
On a more positive note we have been home owners for almost a year now! That's exciting stuff!! Our home has come SO far from when we first got the keys. Oh man this house was in bad shape. There have been many trials along the way, i.e. our air conditioning is completely broken and summers are not exactly cool here. Inside our home at any given time during the summer or start of summer it is 90-100 degrees. That's WITH ceiling fans! We used to have an awning in the backyard but it had to be torn down due to termites. I think that little awning would have a HUGE roll in keeping our house cool. The sun hits our back patio and pours heat into the downstairs. Enough about my little rant on heat. (It's nothing we can't deal with. We play outside in the water when we have shade in the back. Back on the happy home decorating front. :) It's been fun trying different things out for the house and Pinterest! Oh Pinterest. It's been a lot of fun looking up different ideas for the house. Now to implament.
Welp, children are going crazy. Can't ignore them any longer. Ciao!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
First and most importantly, you need to update the picture of Gwenny in your sidebar!
ReplyDeleteSecond of all, potty training doesn't sound fun but if it makes you feel better, remember this: your son will go to kindergarten and he'll be potty trained. It's not forever!
And last: I need an update on the AC as it gets fixed because... I'll be there in July! :)
Yeah, yeah, yeah. I know...potty training in general is frustrating. I'll gladly send him off to an Auntie for them to potty train him :)
DeleteThe AC has been put on the back burner because of how expensive it's going to be to replace. Don't worry though! You will be in H's room and he has great circulation at night. I learned a few tricks from our pain last year so we will be juuuuust fine. (Not to mention that every room in the house practically had a ceiling fan.)
hey girl, I totally understand that drowning puddle...mine has been keeping me under for over a year now and I am ready for a breath!! I know it will come and this is just the season in life when the house isn't perfect and we are constantly catching up. Tis the job of a SAHM/W. Hope you are able to get a break and some fresh air soon...!!
ReplyDeleteThanks Elissa! I am definitely on board with the fact that this is only a season. It really isn't a bother for me to have the house messed up every now and again. I think I've just had so much on my plate lately (really I should say mind) that it's been a little overwhelming.
Delete