I know this is a little late but OH WELL! January has been a crazy month to say the least. We went to Maui to visit all of the Ski's and say see you soon (not goodbye) before we shipped off to Italy. We are very happy to be done with flying for a while! Missy especially. :)
We were blessed to have great people sponsor us here. They picked us up from the airport and drove us to our new house! They actually had our house ready to go for us, stocked with food and rental furniture! Missy loves our new backyard. It's not as big as Grammy's though! We have a wonderful vine trellis BUT there is a bird colony (it seems) living in it so we awaken everyday to Missy barking like a dog with rabies while the poor baby birds are squeakin! We will be trimming that back soon! We are getting used to how much bigger this place is compared to our old house! It's great! We actually have an office now. Although it was nice having our computer in the kitchen before. I mean, if I need to look up a recipe online BAM! it was there (not to mention watching T.V. while I did the dishes!). Anywho! I'll get pictures of the house up soon. I am just about done putting everything together. There are just a few things that we are waiting for. We've decided to upgrade a room a month so keep checking the pictures!
We have gotten to get out and see some of Sicily already which has been amazing! We are astonished at how much history is in our backyard! Siracusa and Taromina were are great adventures. Enjoy the pictures!
Oh! I almost forgot! The SHOPPING!!!! Yes, I hate to surprise you but the second day we were here I was already in a mall! :) It wasn't as big as our malls but it was still great. Also, the market in Catania is incredible. I was amazed that they have real Italian leather shoes just chillin' on a table in the middle of a crowded street! What can I say, I'm in shoe Heaven! If that doesn't make you want to come visit me I don't know what will. Ha!
On a more serious note the driving out here is absolutely crazy. Sometimes it's not so bad but once you get into a city or a more populated area it's like a rat race. This month we've had two people die from a traffic accident and there wasn't any alcohol involved. It's just the speed factor. The Italian's like to drive like Mario Andretti, fitting isn't it. I'm just glad that I have my bigger SUV coming for me. That will give me some protection. Speaking of cars...Zach bought a little island beater. It's is the crapiest car EVER! But it get's him from point A to point B! It's also going to be our car to go out in town with too. We won't care if that thing get's some door dings! It's a great little car, a 1988 Ford Festiva. We thought of our friend AJ when we bought it! Ya, that's right AJ we thought of you!!
Needless to say January was a very full month.


Yay!!! The slideshow's worked!
ReplyDelete;o)
Glad I could help!
It looks beautiful there! How long are you supposed to live there?
ReplyDeleteSUV?!?!?!
ReplyDeleteProtection yes, I don't know how the parking is in Italy, but here in Germany parking spaces are small ;-p
...Germans don't drive much better than Italians it sounds like ;-p
Italy looks BEAUTIFUL enjoy it.
Love
Heather