Saturday, July 5, 2008

Happy 4th!

Happy belated Independence day! Our day started great and got crazy as soon as the breakfast dishes hit the sink. It was a good crazy though! We BBQ'd a bit with some great friends, an American 4th of July tradition, and went to an event the base put on. They had a lot of great family centered activities and we had a Santana cover band. The band was great! We got to rock out and my friend Jenn and I were salsa dancing in the grass! :) After the band they played some great "American" songs (mainly country!ha!) and shot of some crazy fireworks. The fireworks were great except for one little detail, they didn't shoot them high enough and some of the sparks started fires all around the base! I guess they figured that the Italians have so many brush fires any way that we should at least be able to say we started one too! We call it Italian landscaping! I have some pictures of the fireworks and the fires but I left my camera at the Bell's house today. I'll get the pictures up soon though!

We were so blessed to be able to spend our Independence day with true American heroes. We all take for granted all the work our soldiers put into this country, we just want to say "Thank you and God bless America!"

1 comment:

  1. Happy 4th!!!

    I took Sierra and Kayla to the fireworks at Ventura College. We parked off of Ashwood and Loma Vista and walked across some barracades and had a great view from the street. You should have heard Sierra, with every firework that when off, she oooo'd and aaaww'd and clapped! It was great!

    Love,
    Momma
    Mmmmmbah!

    ReplyDelete