Our crazy little family always has something new to share. Mommy has her crafts, Daddy has his schooling, Hunter, well Hunter has A LOT going on all the time and Gwennyth is our sweet baby sleeping all the time. This year has been packed full of excitement and a lot of blessings. Keep checking to see what new things we have been up to!
Monday, January 12, 2009
Happy Birthday Grandpa!
Today is my grandfather's birthday! He would be 90 years old today if he was still with us. I know we all miss him very much, but I also know that he is still watching over us and making sure that we are all taken care of. This morning I was getting ready to leave for work (at 5:30am) and Zach, in his half asleep state of mind, asked me if it was still raining. When I told him yes it was down pouring he told me to "Wear JB's jacket, he would have wanted you to." Zach didn't remember that today was his birthday and quite frankly I'm surprised that he even remembered that we had that jacket ESPECIALLY when he was half asleep still. So when I left I put on the jacket and went about my day. It is now the only jacket that I own that will actually fit all the way around me and zip up! Very exciting if you ask me. When I got home from work and talked to Zach we both realized that grandpa was watching over us even on his day. Missy even enjoyed laying in his jacket when I took it off.

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
He was a wonderful man. I will always remember watching he and my grandpa sit and catch up on Christmas Eve each year.
ReplyDeleteBeth
We all do miss him very much and it comforts me to know that he's still watching over us. I love you both so much.
ReplyDeleteMomma
Mmmbah!