Our crazy little family always has something new to share. Mommy has her crafts, Daddy has his schooling, Hunter, well Hunter has A LOT going on all the time and Gwennyth is our sweet baby sleeping all the time. This year has been packed full of excitement and a lot of blessings. Keep checking to see what new things we have been up to!
Wednesday, June 17, 2009
Base to Base
Let me start of by explaining that there are two bases that make up Sigonella (the base we are stationed at). One base, NAS II, is the working base where all of the commands except for the hospital are. The other base, NAS I, is where the Navy Exchange is and all of the other "extras" are like the movie theater. The Chief's association put on a base to base run on Saturday. At the very last minute, Friday at midnight, I decided to join in on this lovely event. Zach has already participated in one of these but I was unable to do it with him because I was 8 months pregnant. I hit the road with some great friends that we've made over here, Andy and Carla. We walked most of the 8 and a half miles but started pickin' up the pace more towards the end and the hill. It was brutal but amazing. That day I went and bought new running shoes because mine went ca put. Only 6 more pounds to pre-Hunter weight and I am pretty proud of that!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
That is awesome, Lindsay! I wish I lived near you so you could motivate me!
ReplyDeleteyou look great dear! I hate how those last few pounds take the longest and are the hardest...why is that?
ReplyDelete